A DUAL DEGREE DIPLOMA
Since 2015, students graduating from this Master’s of Law in public international law are awarded two master’s diplomas: one from the Université de Paris Vincennes – Saint-Denis (UP8) and one from the Royal University of Law and Economics (RULE). The diploma received is both prestigious and recognized worldwide, being certified by the French State and the European Union. The diploma is fully delocalized at RULE and follows exactly the same curriculum structure than in Paris.
AN INTERNATIONAL FACULTY
Our mission is to bring in Cambodia leading academics and legal practitioners from Northern American, Western European, Australian and Singaporean universities and law firms. The result is a carefully recruited, UP8 approved, fully international faculty which provides access to unparalleled quality legal education. To learn more about our outstanding faculty members’ qualifications and publications, please visit: https://ddprule.org/faculty/
GRADUATE WHILE PURSUING YOUR CAREER
Because we believe that education and specialization are continuous endeavors, all classes take place during week days, from 6 to 9pm. so as to allow our students to pursue their professional ambitions at the same time.
INTERNATIONAL MOBILITIES TO EUROPEAN UNIVERSITIES
Because RULE international program has developed a galaxy of institutional partners worldwide, we propose every year several mobilities to our students in European partner universities.
ABOUT THE PARTNER UNIVERSITY
Since its creation as an experimental center in Paris in 1969, then its establishment in Saint-Denis in 1980, the Paris Vincennes – Saint-Denis university is today a center of teaching and research central in France in the field of humanities. Mainly focused on Human and Social Sciences, Letters and Art, the main aim of Paris Vincennes – Saint-Denis University has always been to bring students to a better understanding of the contemporary world while providing them with the tools to integrate themselves sustainably into society. Paris University has 23,935 students: 15,507 registered in bachelor’s, 6,166 registered in master’s, 1,177 registered in doctorate, 772 registered in diplomas outside LMD. With around 30% international students, the Paris Vincennes – Saint-Denis university is the most international of French universities, which has given birth to the concept of “world university” which defines it today. The University of Paris is actively promoting international cooperation actions in favor of continued demands in the fields of education and research. UP8 has developed expertise in cooperation and international relations, for training and research, and it supports students, teachers and staff in all their international projects. UP8 is a winner of the French Government’s Investment Programs for the Future with funding from the University School of Research (EUR).
YEAR 1 COURSE CATALOGUE
The year 1 of the program aims at instilling in each student core foundational knowledge in international law so as to prepare them for the specialization in public international law. Eleven core courses are proposed:
- International Business Law (30 hours)
- Public International Law (30 hours)
- International Law and the Cambodian Legal system (21 hours)
- Legal concepts I & II (40 hours)
- Communication for Legal Professionals (24 hours)
- Legal Methodology (36 hours)
- Legal Research and Writing (30 hours)
- Business and Human Rights Law (21 hours)
- Law of the European Union (21 hours)
- International Organizations Law (18 hours)
- Digital Law and Data Protection (15 hours)
- Academic English (30 hours)
YEAR 2 COURSE CATALOGUE
The year 2 of the program fully implements the specialization in international business law. Eleven core courses are proposed:
- Law of International Peace and Security (15 hours)
- WTO Law (15 hours)
- International Economic Disputes (15 hours)
- International Environment Law (15 hours)
- Public Investment Law (15 hours)
- Construction and PPP Law (15 hours)
- Competition Law (24 hours)
- International Tax Law (15 hours)
- Cyber Security and Risk Management (15 hours)
- Administrative Legal Disputes (15 hours)
- International Labor Law (15 hours)
- Having completed a Bachelor’s from a recognized university, in law or a related discipline
- Successfully passing the admission interview with the program director
- Satisfactory English abilities (to be assessed during the admission interview)
REGISTRATION AND TUITION FEES
- Registration Fees: 100$ to be paid while submitting the application form
- Tuition Fees: Year 1: 1,500$; Year 2: 1,500$
- Scholarships are available to students with demonstrated outstanding backgrounds and in need of financial support.
- Deadline for Application and Scholarship Request Submission: September 30th 2022
- Admission Interview: September 2022
- Orientation Session: Late October 2022
- Start of Classes: October 3rd 2022
- Tuition Fees Announcement: October 3rd 2022
Contact Mr. Paul Mornet, Program Director for the Master: [email protected] / Telegram: 069 65 46 15
A PRESTIGIOUS DIPLOMA FOR AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER
The international master in public international law is a highly sought-after diploma for those interested in pursuing a career as civil servant at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Ministry of Commerce or the Ministry of Justice, or in any international organizations or NGOs. The program also opens the door for PhD studies and an academic career in Cambodia or abroad.
The program is endorsed by several high-profile legal stakeholders and public servants, including by the master’s program patron, H.E. Dr. Hang Chuon Naron, Minister of Education, Youth and Sports.
Since 2015, over 230 alumni of the program have experienced incredible success in a wide variety of professional environments in high-ranking positions, including at the highest levels of the state or in UN affiliated organizations.
- Legal Officer
- National Civil Servant
- International Civil Servant
- ASEAN Civil Servant
- Legal Advisor
- IO Project Manager
- NGO Project Manager
- UN Program Officer
- Lecturer in Public and International Law
DOMAINS OF EXPERTISE
- Economic Law
- Investment Treaties
- International Cooperation
- International Peace and Security
- United Nations and International Organizations
- Environmental Law
- Competition Law
- Consumer Protection
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Humanitarian Law
Scholarship funds are very limited and only available to students who have: outstanding academic backgrounds or who can demonstrate significant financial need. Acceptance into either master’s program is a pre-condition for being eligible to receive a scholarship.
Please submit a separate letter along with this form describing why you believe that you are qualified to receive a scholarship. Letters should be between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
Scholarship request form:Download
Mr Paul Mornet (EN/FR)
- Title: Program Director
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Telephone: +855 69 654 615 (smart)